This Indonesian dessert is delicious and extremely easy to make.
1 ½ cups glutinous rice flour- this can be purchased from Asian grocers.
¾ cup coconut milk (or lukewarm water)
2-3 drops pandan essence (or green food colouring)
8 tsp grated coconut sugar/ brown sugar/ palm sugar (make sure that it is an eco friendly brand)
1 cup grated coconut mixed with ½ tsp salt
1. Mix rice flour, coconut milk and pandan paste together into a firm but flexible dough.
2. Grab a piece of the dough and roll it into a ball that is slightly smaller than a golf ball (2.5 cm).
3. Make a hole in the centre of the ball and insert half of a teaspoon of sugar. Seal the hole back up and roll back into a ball.
4. Repeat until there is no more dough.
5. Carefully place all of the balls into a pot of boiling water.
6. Remove when they float to the top.
7. Immediately roll them in the grated coconut and set aside to cool.
8. Enjoy at room temperature.