This delicious Mexican dip is surprisingly easy to make and goes great with chips or as an accompaniment to burritos or tacos. The secret to making good guacamole is to taste it at the end and readjust your recipe. Every time you make it, it will be slightly different. You might need to add more salt or lime juice. Trust your taste buds.
• 2 ripe avocados- they should be soft when squeezed gently, but not mushy.
• 2 tablespoons coriander/ cilantro- use the leaves and tender stems. Wash thoroughly.
• 1 red chilli chopped. If you like spicy food, then you can use more chillies or a more potent variety.
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• ½ of a ripe tomato-seeded and chopped
• A dash of ground coriander seed
• A dash of smoked paprika
• ¼ red onion- chopped
1. Peel the avocados, remove the seeds and scoop out the flesh into a bowl
2. Using a fork, mash the avocado until it looks like lumpy mash potatoes. Don’t go crazy and puree it.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
4. Serve with corn chips or any other Mexican favourite.
Happy travels- the Essential Destination